Thursday, January 29, 2009

Aspergers Syndrome

We recently found out that our future step grandson has apergers syndrome. I had never heard of it until now, but do know about autism and ADHD (attention deficit hyperactive disorder) which is a combined disoder that makes up aspergers.
I've always known there was something wrong, and finally his birth mom took him in and had him checked out. I'm glad he is finally getting some help.
As stated, this is all new to us. So if there is anyone out there that can give us some tips on how to work with him and help him, it would be greatly appreciated. I've started researching and found some great information from it. I'm going to add a link to the side bar where I have gotten my information from so far. Anyone knowing of other good reading material on this disorder, we sure would appreciate you sharing it with everyone. Thank you!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Tammy. I have recently begun picking up an 8th grader on my bus who has some for of an autism. I guess it's technically not labeled this but her reactions resemble those who are.

I really don't know a lot about any of it, but there is one of our brothers in Christ and fellow bloggers whose profile says that he is a Special Education Teacher. Maybe he might know something...
here is his address http://musingsandmiscthoughts.blogspot.com/

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thank you so much Heather! I will check it out. Really appreciate your help.
Hopefully the child with the form of autism is receiving help. It can get interesting. I'll have to post some links to some of these disorders so that we can all learn. :)
Blessings to you Heather. Have a wonderful day!