Friday, April 24, 2009

Update on C

Well, I love how some parents just don't seem to care or get it or maybe they have a mental illness themselves. I had to take C's dad to talk to R's teacher. Turned out that his meeting was with the school psychologist. This was a blessing. R's report was great. However, P learned that C was not diagnosed with Aspergers! Grrrr. He has an auditory problem for sure. He has some symptoms of Aspergers, but it is not that. He has some symptoms of Autism, but it is not that. So we are back to square one with him.

I'm asking for prayer for C as he really needs a lot of help. His condition, what ever it is has been getting steadily worse. He's almost to the point of being uncontrollable. I have a hard time being with him and I love kids! He has a smart mouth, is argumentive, talks back, does things constantly he knows he shouldn't do, but when you get after him, it's as though he can not comprehend what you are saying.

Last week I had to drive him home with wet pants. He had been getting into constant trouble and then got angry and wet himself. Beleive me, that was not a joyful ride home. I think my husband is onto something. When mom was pregnant with him, she took all kinds of pills to try to abort him. Hmmm, sounds like this is what caused so many problems for the little man. My heart bleeds for him. I pray that somehow, someway, he can over come most or all of this. I worry about what he will be like as he grows older, as he is strong and loves to hurt others, or gets way to rough at times. You can try to get him to stop, but it takes a lot and his little sister is not that strong. Not to mention the baby.

For now C loves his baby brother, but what happens if jealousy sets in. See where I'm going with this. Fits thrown and pain inflicted on others now. Jealousy, yeah, that scares me. There have been times when he's hugged me and squeezed harder and harder when I told him to let go because my back was in bad shape. I would literally have to pry him off then he would sit there and laugh.

Anyway, I did not intend for this piece to end up like this. I'm not putting anyone down. I'm not trying to be discouraging, what I am doing is praying someone out there may have some insight. Has anyone else dealt with this type of behavior? If so, please share. If you would rather not comment on here then go ahead and e-mail me. Prayers are very welcome. He's only 7 and already in so disoriented. Thank you and God Bless!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I will pray.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thank you Chris! We need all the prayers we can possibly get. You are a blessing!